May 19, 2010

Beginner Runner Wednesday

Now that you have completed your first week of running we need to bump it up a little bit. Yes, each week will get a little bit harder but soon you will say, remember when I could only run 30 seconds at a time?

Like I said last week, I believe just about everyone can run. My sister (sorry Sara) is not use to working out. She has always been one of those skinny girls that does not need to work out to be skinny and she can eat a bag a chips. Yes it was hard growing up in the same house as her! Well I challenged her to run a 5K recently. This is the same girl who I don't think she had ever ran a mile in her life. She did a couch to 5K program starting in January and finished her first 5K in mid-April. She did great and is ready to sign up for another one.

Now, onto your workout for this week. This week I want you to do the same 3 - 20 minute workouts but choose to do one of the two workouts below.

Warm-up and cool down are both the same. 5 minutes at the beginning at 5 minutes at the end.

1 - Run for 45 seconds, walk for 1 minute. Repeat this for a total of 10 minutes

2 - Run for 30 seconds and walk for 45 seconds. Repeat this for a total of 10 minutes.

So as you can see you can either run longer or run shorter but walk less. The choice is up to you. Let me know how you do!

No comments: