May 24, 2010

175 Miles in 7 Weeks - Week 3

This is week 3 of the challenge. I am not getting in 25 miles per week but I am getting in more than I was before I started this challenge.

Here are my totals so far:

Week 1 - 26.2 miles
Week 2 - 19.75 miles
Week 3 - 22.10 Miles

Total Miles = 68.05 miles and I am short by 6.95 miles.

Total Miles Left In Challenge - 106.95

I was able to take a 2 hour lunch on Friday and I did a 10 mile trail run. I did something to me knee and it really started hurting the last 1.5 miles of the run on Friday. On Saturday I got up and my knee seemed ok. I was volunteering with the Girls on the Run and I decided to run to the start of the race, about 2.6 miles. I felt my knee about a mile into the run but it wasn't too bad so I kept going. I helped get everyone registered for the run and then realized that I could run it too, so I did. Not a good idea. I finished and I ran the whole thing with a great pace but afterwords I was hurting. So instead of getting out on Sunday for the last 3 miles to hit 25 I took it easy and I am not running today either. I am going to run tomorrow and see how my knee holds out.

Take a minute to check in on Kristen's progress.

No comments: