December 29, 2007
* Bedding for crib - Mom is working on
* bath pillow
* Have Joe lift crib mattress
* From the garage grab swing, carseat, play mat and bouncy chair. - Need to wash these covers as well.
* curtains or blinds for windows - I decided at this time I don't need to worry about this.
* incline to sleep - Done - I purchased this today from Babies R Us.
* Cover for carseat - Done - Bought this on ebay and I am waiting for it to arrive - actually I bid on 2 my accident - I am hoping my other bid gets overbid! **Update - I was over bid on by $1 - that was close.
* Swaddle Blanket - Done - Bought this on ebay and I am waiting for it to arrive!!
* 3 tier draws (small) - Done - I grab one from my room and emptied it and put this in the babies room. I set the lamp on top.
* diapers - Done for now I have a stash of cloth diapers and disposables. If I decide I need more cloth diapers I will purchase them later.
* Music maker with lights
* binkies - Done - I purchased these today2 - nipples for bottles - This one is being put on the wait list as well. I am not going to worry about pumping for the first couple of weeks so I don't need to worry about this and numbers 3 and 4 until after she comes. 3 - breast pump 4 - parts for pump
I am ready for Lily to come even with a few things on the list. If she would arrive tomorrow we would be just fine.
December 28, 2007
December 25, 2007
I am going to be busy this week hopefully taking advantage of after Christmas sales and buying the few things that I need. Mostly it is items that I wish I had when Mikayla was born.
8 months and then some
Looking at these pictures I got big in one month!
December 24, 2007
She loved it when we took the skates off so she could just run around in her boots.
It is HUGE for a 2 1/2 year old but she has plenty of room to play. She also gets her own bathroom and front door (just perfect when she is a teenager!!) We did block the door with a blanket to keep the room warmer and a bookshelf in front of it. If you don't know our house has 2 front doors - one right next to the other. She also has her own bathroom. We are in the process of getting the tub cleaned out (another spot where I stuck the extra junk in the house!)
Mikayla loves her new room and has been busy in there.
December 19, 2007
This nice thing is that it warmed up a little bit today, it snowed about 2 inches last night and it snowing VERY lightly. So this morning it was 4 degrees on my way to work.
I am now 32 weeks pregnant or 8 months. By this Friday I will be 33 weeks and have 4 to 7 weeks left. I am soooo ready. Amazingly I have been sleeping better the last couple of nights, last night I only woke up once to go to the bathroom - that is a first in a long time. We are in the process of slowly (the story of my life right now) getting Mikayla's room ready. I did pull out the baby clothes and I am getting them washed and sorted. Everything is taking about 10 times longer than it use to because I am trying to be better at resting more. Last night I did no laundry, left the dirty dinner dishes, did not empty the dishwasher and I did not pick up the house. I sat on the couch and relaxed all evening. This is HUGE for me - I always pick up the house when I get home from work and try to keep it pretty picked up in the evening, I always do the dinner dishes and make lunches the night before. I figured I can straighten up the house at lunch time today.
Sorry this is not an exciting post but nothing exciting is going on right now. I will try to post some pictures this weekend.
December 14, 2007
1. Gifts - There are many ways to make Christmas more green with the gifts you give. First you do not have to buy brand new gifts. You can find great things at second hand stores, Craig's List, Paperback swap etc. Mikayla is getting some books I ordered off of Paperback swap for Christmas. Also instead of supporting the huge retailers you can buy locally. Mikayla is getting some great wood alphabet blocks I purchased at a local retailer. Finally instead of buying gifts you can make them (arts and crafts, sewing, knitting). In my case I am making a whole bunch of holiday goodies for the grandparents. Making these cookies has been so much more and more love has gone into these goodies than anything I would have purchased. Mikayla and I have been making cookies every night and she loves to help out. Even if instead of smashing the dough balls she is making snowmen instead!
2. Wrapping Paper - Instead of buying the regular wrapping paper you can use other items to wrap gifts. Old newsprint or the comic section from the newspaper. If you are giving towels or sheets use those to wrap the rest. I recycle my old gift bags that I receive. Finally you can also purchase recycled wrapping paper.
3. Christmas Tree - The best way to stay green is to buy an articical tree and use the same one every year. They last forever. If you have to have the real tree you can look into purchasing a tree that has a root bulb on it. Then after you are done with Christmas you can plant it. I recently heard about this and thought it was an excellent idea, except there is no where around here that you can do that. Look into your local tree farms to see if they do this.
4. Christmas Lights - Now you can buy energy efficient Christmas lights. This will save money on your electric bill and these lights put off less carbon than the regular lights.
5. Christmas Cards - I love them and I hate them! In order to be more green here you can email everyone the Christmas card instead of buying the cards and mailing them. You can also find recycled Christmas cards on line.
These are just 5 simple ideas to make your Christmas a little more green. What other ideas do you have?
December 10, 2007
The little one is already upside down. Yes the doctor had fun pushing on her head - not fun for me! I was glad to hear that the little one has flipped because now there is no concern about a breeched baby. I was not worried about this because Mikayla flipped about this stage a well - but you never know.
Now I just have to be patient and wait 9 more weeks until my due date of February 8th - this is hard because I want to see this little one so bad. I know that if I was working on her room I would be happier but that can't happen until Mikayla is settled in her new room.
Mikyala is saying that her current room is baby sister's room and the other room is her room - so that is a good sign.
1 - Make her bed
2 - Make Mommy and Daddy's bed
3 - She puts her socks, panties, PJ's and daddy's socks away on her own.
4 - She folds the kitchen towels and puts them away.
5 - Picks up her toys, this takes encouraging because usually when the toys get picked up it is time for bed.
6 - She also loves to help mommy cook in the kitchen.
7 - She feeds the dogs. She knows they get 2 scoops and where to put the food down for each dog.
8 - She also lets the dogs inside and outside but needs lots of help turning the door handle.
Mikayla is becoming a great little helper - let's see how long this lasts! What does your little one do around the house to help out?
December 9, 2007
Here is a picture of our backyard .
This is another picture of the backyard. Since the snow was so heavy and wet all of the willows that line our creeks are laying down - now we can see our neighbors - yuck! We loved the privacy they gave us. Most people didn't even realize that our house is down here from the main road but you can sure see it now.
December 7, 2007
Around 5:30ish the electricity went out. I was having trouble sleeping all night due to Bratxon Hix contractions so I was tossing and turning all night. Eventually I did notice that we had no electricity. It did come back on about 6:45am - good thing because I needed to take a shower.
I looked outside and this is what I saw.
The snow is a heavy wet snow so we have tree limbs all over the yard - large ones!
In order to get to our house you have to cross a bridge and we share our island with one other house. Joe had to go outside and help the neighbor remove downed tree limbs from in front of the bridge. Then when I was leaving to go to work about 45 minutes later I had to remove a couple more in order to get out. As I was removing it I heard another tree limb crack and fall as well.
This is a cute picture of Mikayla wearing daddy's ski helmet last night.
December 5, 2007
Yesterday I was feeling a lot of pressure in my lower belly (below the belly button). It would feel as if the baby was putting weight in one place but it was spread across the entire belly. It would make my belly get hard - not my entire belly but from about an inch or two above the belly button all the way down. If I got up to go to the bathroom it would stop. It was happening a lot yesterday. Was this a Braxton Hix contraction?
Today - so far - when she puts weight in one spot it hurts a bit so it defiantly feels different than yesterday. Not a bad pain just an pain from her moving and pushing.
So am I have Braxton Hix or not? I did not really get them with Mikayla - or maybe I did. I felt this type of pressure with Mikayla as well.
December 4, 2007
Well - back to the title of this blog entry yesterday I saw one person walking around town in a short sleeve shirt. At first I thought maybe she cannot afford a jacket, but then why wear short sleeves. The I noticed that she was walking a few blocks and it even looked like the cold was not bothering her. I would have had my arms crossed and been rubbing my arms to stay warm. Not her she looked liked she was enjoying a nice walk in the spring or fall! Then later yesterday I saw someone wearing shorts!
I guess some people are just crazy - or at least they look crazy to me!