December 19, 2007

Snow and Cold

After our large snow storm a week or so ago it has been cold. I am not talking about 20 degrees cold but in the morning we are lucky to hit zero before I leave for work. It has been getting down to -15 or lower at night. We are staying pretty warm, our house has single pane windows (but we did cover most of them with plastic) and drafts everywhere. This year we are using our gas fireplace and even though it is on the other side of the house it keeps the house bearable for when we come home and get up in the morning. Our house is heated with individual wall heaters that do not have thermostats so when we turn the heat off it is off. We are going to place a space heater in the living room for when the baby is born so when I get up for nightly feedings I won't freeze my butt off!

This nice thing is that it warmed up a little bit today, it snowed about 2 inches last night and it snowing VERY lightly. So this morning it was 4 degrees on my way to work.

I am now 32 weeks pregnant or 8 months. By this Friday I will be 33 weeks and have 4 to 7 weeks left. I am soooo ready. Amazingly I have been sleeping better the last couple of nights, last night I only woke up once to go to the bathroom - that is a first in a long time. We are in the process of slowly (the story of my life right now) getting Mikayla's room ready. I did pull out the baby clothes and I am getting them washed and sorted. Everything is taking about 10 times longer than it use to because I am trying to be better at resting more. Last night I did no laundry, left the dirty dinner dishes, did not empty the dishwasher and I did not pick up the house. I sat on the couch and relaxed all evening. This is HUGE for me - I always pick up the house when I get home from work and try to keep it pretty picked up in the evening, I always do the dinner dishes and make lunches the night before. I figured I can straighten up the house at lunch time today.

Sorry this is not an exciting post but nothing exciting is going on right now. I will try to post some pictures this weekend.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I totally know what you mean. I am so ready to get back into working out hard...running, lifting and sweating my butt off. I can't wait until I feel up to doing that again. Now I couldn't imagine...I am tired and beat from making some candy in the kitchen last night for an hour! It is pathetic.

I don't feel too huge yet...but I can tell it is coming. I am definitely way bigger then this time last month.

I can't believe that I only have 10weeks left (or less or more). I am ready to meet the baby too...but I don't have a shower until the beginning of January...so we aren't that ready yet!

Keep relaxing...you deserve it! :)