May 19, 2010

10 Miles turned into 3

I have a little bit of comp time at work set aside so I asked to take a 2 hour lunch today. My plan was to run 10 miles in that 2 hours - maybe a little bit more it I was really on my game. Will shortly after I started my run it started raining, then sleeting, then hailing or little tiny snowballs as I call them. I stopped and waited a little bit in a covered area and then decided to try it again. I finally gave up and turned around to head back. Since I turned around I was running right into it and I could not even see. My face and contacts were covered in water. Then it stopped raining so I tried again. I eventually gave up because I was going to be gone for 2 hours, the coat I brought was not a rain coat was soaked so I dropped it on the trail and I was heading for a ridgeline. I could see myself in another hour stuck in another rain storm, no coat and on a ridgeline. I am did 3 miles and headed back to work. I will try to get the 10 miles in another time.

No comments: