April 28, 2009

Wanted: Good Long Run - No Pain

I can't run, can't mountain bike, can't even walk the dogs. I am going stir crazy! It is Spring and getting beautiful outside - I just want to get out and enjoy it.

I tried taking the dogs for a walk this morning and after about 10 minutes my foot started getting sore and I had another 10 minute walk to get home. I am telling myself to take things easy for a few more days but I just want to run. As I drive around town I see people running all over and get jealous. Then I hear a favorite running song of mine on the radio and I just want to run.

The doctor told me to wait a week before I tried anything so on Wednesday I am going to go for a one mile run and see how it feels. Of course I will let you know. Until then I will go sit on my bum - oh yeah and do some physical therapy. Tomorrow I am going to do my normal weight workout.

1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

Wow, I really wish I had your attitude about running! I hope it is better and you can get back to it.