April 12, 2009

10 Miles

I did a 10 mile run today and it went great. With my long runs I tend to push myself too much, such as trying to keep my pace at 10 minutes per mile for as long as possible or doing a lot on hills (like last weekend). Today I did a true long run where I kept the pace easy. I did a very flat run (yes in Colorado we do have very flat spots!) I did one quick mile around the neighborhood with both dogs and then I dropped off Teo at home. Teo is only good for 1/2 or 1 mile. Then Skyler and I set out for the other 9 miles. I kept the pace easy the whole time and in general I was running from 10:30 to 10:45 per mile. My overall pace was 10:50. When I got home I could have done another mile or so which is what you want to feel at the end of a long run. I am so happy I did this and next weekend I am going for 11 miles. I really want to do the 15.5 mile race in May and I think I will be ready for it.