September 22, 2008

Stuck

My body has decided that it likes me to weight between 140 and 145. I was at my lowest right before I got pregnant with Lily at 133ish. Now I am back at the 144 mark and I am having trouble getting these pounds off. So I have decided that I need to cut 500 calories a day for a total of 3500 calories per week.

My goal to cut 3500 calories per week is to:
1 - No wine Monday - Thursday. If I have been having 1.5 glasses per night from Monday through Thursday that is at least 600 calories per week. (Lily drives me to drink so I think I have been drinking at least one glass a night!!)
2 - No snack or desert before bed. If I have even 100 calories before bed and I stop that all together I save 700 calories a week,
3 - Burn at least 250 calories per day. Finding time to workout is a struggle for any parent. I can seek in 30 to 40 minutes of cardio when I pick up Mikayla from preschool and take her to daycare. I have been picking her up with my bike and she rides in the bike trailer. Then instead of just peddling to 5 miles round trip to daycare and back I push hard and really workout. Try riding your bike fast while pulling an extra 55 pounds! I have also been running for 20 - 30 minutes right after work before Joe gets home with the girls so I thin I can burn the 250 calories per day as long as I focus.

1 comment:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I feel so much better that I'm not alone..

I've been weighing in the low 140's for a month now..

Before Matthew I was between 125/130

then for three years I was stuck at 135...

I started a medication, and now I'm in the 140's....
I need to work out!!!!!!
(not my mouth, but my legs and arms!)