September 12, 2008

Food Meme

I saw this meme Green Style Mom's blog and I thought I would do it. Mostly because it was a cut and paste so it is super easy.

I am not going to tag anyone because everyone that has ever tagged me I have not done the mem. Sorry!

If you do decide to do this just let me know so I can check it out.

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.

2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.

3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating (I could not figure out how to cross anything out so I put an * next to things I would never consider eating)

4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk/uncategorised/the-omnivores-hundred/ linking to your results.

I changed this up by adding my comments. I gotta say something! As I was really reading through this list I had to google many items because I had no idea what they were.

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros - I have never had this but my husband orders it all of the time.
4. Steak tartare*
5. Crocodile (actually I've had alligator, but not sure about crocodile)
6. Black pudding*
7. Cheese fondue - I LOVE fondue and I love making it
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich - who has not had a PB&J
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart - I never had this until I met my husband and I went to meet his family in NJ and on a trip to NYC everyone had to have a hot dog. Not much difference between the street cart dog and any other dog.
16. Epoisses*
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes (fejoa, elder berry)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras*
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese*
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper*
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut - I hate the stuff and my husband thinks I am crazy since my heritage is all German.
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - I have never had cognac and I have never smoked a cigar, cigarrett or anything else
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - I have not had one of these since college but yummo
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects (does a gnat that flies in your mouth count?)
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu Nah
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel - I love eel.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut. (best warm!)
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi - really don't like
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - I have never had a Big Mac and I even worked at McDonald's in high school
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini* (Only because I don't like olives and martinis are too strong for me)
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads
63. Kaolin
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis* (It would take a lot of talking to get me to try this)
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette.
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill* (why would anyone every want to eat something that a car ran over and then sat on the hot pavement in the sun?
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini - yum
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa (I have had items with rose petals in it - rose jam - but not this)
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermido
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

There is my list and boy do I have a lot of eating to do! What does your list look like?

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

I'm so glad you did the meme! I had to google a bunch of them also!