March 23, 2010

Trails - Not Quite Yet

I run because I love hiking.

Ever since I was a little kid I have loved going for a hike. I was always up for a nature walk, a walk around a lake or park or whatever. If it is was in the woods, on a trail, I was there. As I started working out more and more I started running because running is a good way to burn a lot of calories quickly. I eventually started trail running and that was when I fell in love with the sport. I only run to trail run. I HATE running on the roads. Give me a trail and I am as happy as as can be.

Where I work it is a short run to a recreational area with trails everywhere. They are slowly melting and slowly drying out - but not quite enough for a great run. I headed there for my lunch run yesterday and it started off great. I had a huge smile on because it was so fun. Initially the mud was fun too. But the mud and then the snow got old so I headed out to a dirt road and eventually back to work. It was slow going and I only ran a little over 4 miles at lunch today but it was FUN!

No comments: