March 31, 2010

Running Rules of Thumb

I get emails from Runner's World Magazine. I came across this article and laughed because it really is true. I really like number 10 the best. I am a runner.

Running Rules of Thumb

1. If you see a porta potty with no line, use it. Even if you don't need to.

2. If you have to ask yourself, Does this driver see me? The answer is no.

3. If you have to ask yourself, Are these shorts too short? The answer is yes.

4. 1 glazed doughnut = 2 miles

5. You rarely regret the runs you do; you almost always regret the runs you skip.

6. Not everyone who looks fast really is, and not everyone who looks slow really is.

7. Nobody has ever watched Chariots of Fire from beginning to end. Not even the people who made it.

8. You can never have too many safety pins on your gym bag.

9. Running any given route in the rain makes you feel 50 percent more hard-core than covering the same route on a sunny day.

10. If you care even a little about being called a jogger versus a runner, you're a runner.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great list! I totally agree with #9. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!

Stephanie said...

I especially like #6. That is so true!

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net