March 9, 2010

13.1 Miles

Yep I did it. I finally ran a half marathon and it was tough. The run started out hard and I really wanted to quit but I kept at it. I had a good mile, a bad mile, a good mile, a forced mile and I am sure you get the point. Once I finally hit 10 miles I knew I could do another 3.1 miles. My total time gone from home was 2 hours and 45 minutes and my total running time as 2 hours and 32 minutes. My average overall pace was 13.38 per mile. Super slow, but in a race I know I will do much better. I also learned that I am not ready for the marathon in April. I will be one day but not right now.

One thing to note is that I never have pain after a long run. I might be a little sore but really nothing to talk about. When I woke up on Monday whenever I would be walking and making a right turn at the same time my knee really hurt. Then at lunch I set out to do an easy slow run on my lunch hour and I could barely make it 10 feet running without feeling this hurting - cannot run through the pain feeling. So I walked back to the office I went do work on some cleaning jobs.

Today I have not felt any pain at all and I am planning on running tomorrow to see how the ol' knee feels. It is also my right knee that I have no issue with so it makes me wonder. It also makes me realize that I am not in my 20's any more. Getting old sucks and I hate it with a passion. If you have found the fountain of youth please let me know because I could sure use some!

4 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

Awesome job!! I'm so impressed. Did you at least have some good weather? It was gorgeous here in the Springs and up in Summit County.

I get really sore after really long runs. I'm gettin' old also and would love to find that fountain of youth!

Melissa said...

Awesome!!!!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job!!!

Stephanie said...

13.1! Wow. That is heroic.

I've been thinking about training for a 1/2 marathon. Maybe...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net