November 17, 2008

Marathon Training Week 2

Week 2 of my marathon training plan did not go so well. I only did 2 runs and a total of 5 miles. No real reason why, one day I did not feel like it so I only did 2 miles and another day the wind was horrible so that really slowed me down and unmotivated me.

This week should be much better. I am planning on 4 runs this week with a total mileage of 17 miles.

With daycare in its new location I should be able to fit in shorter runs during the week and even weight training two times a week. I would much rather run at lunch than early in the morning. It is getting cold in the morning.

What do you do during the winter to stay in shape?

2 comments:

Fit Mommy said...

Weight Train, bike in garage, and swim, yoga if time allows..But, it does NOT get cold here like it does there!
Good luck!

Carrie said...

Gym and running outside are my 2 big ones. We plan on doing at least one race a month to keep motivated and have a goal to look forward to. Thanksgiving morning we always run a 10K and then we are doing a Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis on Dec 7. Great job with the running! Keep up the awesome work!