January 5, 2010

Stuck in a Rut

I have been continuing to exercise but with no motivation. I have been doing smaller workouts – 20 to 30 minutes and I have not been running. It is too cold outside. When I go to lunch it is normally still below zero and I like it to be at least zero before I head outside and yes you read that correctly!

I need to find something to train for, something specific or at least put together a training plan to get me motivated. What do you do when you are in a rut?

I would love to be doing long runs on the weekend but it has to warm up quite a bit before I will go for a full 60 minute run outside. I cannot wait for the really cold part of winter to end. Once we get out of the negative degree days and it warms up to 30 or so I will be able to do a lot more outdoor activities.

No comments: