May 7, 2009

Recipes

My husband does most of the cooking in our house. I find it hard to come home after working all day, tired, still have to get things together for tomorrow, straighten the house, do laundry, get the girls to bed and cook dinner. Joe is also wonderful at opening up the kitchen cabinets and throwing together a meal. I keep telling him that he needs to go back to school (when we can afford it) and become a chef.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy cooking. I love watching Food TV, or going through recipe books and planning wonderful, healthy meals. On the weekends (especially if we are having friends over) I love to cook dinner.

That said I am going to start posting meals that I have made with pictures and share them with you on a weekly basis. Maybe (if I can get Joe to share his recipes with me) post his pictures and recipes from his meals as well. Since we are in the process of moving this week I have not had time to post the recipes that I had wanted to this week. Hopefully once we get settled in this weekend I will be able to post some wonderful dinners I have made lately.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

great idea! you sound like me--i like to cook, but my husband is better and throwing stuff together and creating great meals

Bonnie said...

I look forward to seeing you recipes and pictures. I have to plan meals but my hubby can throw any meal together in a flash!

Laura Marchant said...

I honestly don't know how working moms get it all done and have a full time job on top of it. What a great hubby to cook the meals during the week.

Heidi said...

Looking forward to your recipies, it seems like I am in a rut making the same meals, spaghetti, taco's, chicken and rice & veg. and salads with grilled chicken. Can you tell I love meals easy and fast to make!

We are planning to rent an RV the end of June through July 12th, headed from Las Vegas to Atlanta to pick up my step-son (10 yrs old). We are taking a longer route back and will be in Colorado to see Garden of the gods, Pike's peak, possibly Maroon bells, and definitley want to go to either Rocky National park or Estes park. Have you been to both? Wondering which will be better/more fun for the kids ages: my daughter 5yrs, stepson 10, and also have a 14 month old son. Have looked up both online, but still can't decide. Any suggestions? Thx.

Anonymous said...

Although I like the idea of cooking, I hate actually doing it. Hubby does most of it, although we've been relying on take-out more and more... not good for our budget or waistline!

Stephanie said...

I love it when bloggers post recipes! In many ways, I "trust" them more than recipes out of cookbooks because I know they've been tried-and-approved by an ordinary mom. :)

Tiffany said...

Wow - I never knew I would get so many comments when I posted a quick note just about adding recipes. I guess this is where I need to take my blog! I can't wait until our computer is up and the house is put together so I can start posting my reciepes!

Heidi - about Colorado. If you want to send me an email so we can go back and forth as to what to see here my email address is oconnellhouse@msn.com.

It has been MANY years since I have been to Rocky Mountain National Park or Estes Park. Both times I was with my family as kid on vacation in Colorado from Kansas! I loved Estes Parks a lot. They have a great YWCA with lots of kids programs as well. I would recommend that.