October 10, 2007

Stay at Home Mom

This weekend Joe went out of town so it was just Mikayla and I all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I took Tuesday off because we don't have our regular babysitter. We had a great weekend!!

On Saturday she played happily by herself which gave me a chance to clean the house. Then we did the regular Saturday chores, grocery shopping, recycling, farmers market, etc... By the time we got home we were both exhausted. Mikayla feel asleep on the way home and I passed out on the couch!

On Sunday we headed up to Crested Butte to visit Jen and Solas. We had a wonderful lunch, walked around town and then visited the farmers market in Crested Butte.

Monday was our big day. We headed to Montrose for some shopping. I was so excited because they got a new JC Penny's. I know that JC Penny has a maternity section so I would only drive 1 hour to get new maternity clothes instead of over 2 hours to Grand Junction. Well we get to the brand new JC Penny and they do NOT have a maternity section. So I did the best I could, I did find 2 pairs of pants and a couple of shirts, they should last at least another month or so until I need to go shopping again. Mikayla did score on clothes. We headed to Super Walmart and did not buy much. Mikayla did show me a couple of rugs she wanted and a new bedspread. I told she has to wait until we buy her a twin bed in the next few months before we buy a new bedspread. We had lunch and then headed back to Gunnison.

Tuesday was just spent running errands, visiting dad at work (twice) and playing at the park. I really enjoyed being a stay at home mom. We had a blast.

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

That's a bummer that there was no maternity section. Do you have a Target nearby? I passed there maternity section the other day, and it almost made me want to be pg!