October 17, 2007

House is No Longer Under Contract.

The deal on the house fell through. I know that they had until October 19th to pull out but we were just hoping that it would go through. The couple was scared off by the inspection report and I feel as if Dr. Death gave the inspection. He saw the worst possible thing in everything and then he had the nerve to put "reasonable" price estimates to everything which made all the things that need to be done to the house seem that much worse. He estimated a new roof, windows and heating would be over $80,000. We already have estimates for all of those things that show $30,000. He also hated the crawl space, because things are old. Well it is an old house it was moved to its current location in the 1950's.

We were pretty upset about the whole thing and we started second guessing ourselves. But yesterday someone came by to look at the house and she made us feel sooo much better. She understands old houses and the fact that if it is not broken don’t fix it or fix it when you have the money for it. I would love to have $30,000 to put into the house before we sell it but we don’t. She understands old windows, old heating, old plumbing in the crawl space.

I really want to sell the house because we cannot afford it. I am trying to get on Joe to get a better job making more money. Now that the house is no longer under contract I am worried about paying bills next month and my maternity leave in February. If we could get the trailer sold that will help out and I won’t be as stressed out about finances. But I have to keep remembering the secret - The house will be under contract by October 31st and the trailer will be in the process of being sold by October 31st - hey it is only the middle of the month.

If you know of any way to make "real" money on line let me know. I am already doing some surveys but they don’t may a whole lot and I am also trying to get rid of stuff on ebay. I need to list a bunch more but my stuff is not moving very quickly.

Finally Monday was my birthday and we found out all about this on Sunday - what a great birthday huh!!! Joe actually did make me a birthday cake. I have been after him since I have known him (9 years) to make me a cake and he always responds that he does not bake, he cooks. I have told him it is easy, buy the box, add the eggs, water, oil whatever else it calls for, mix it up, put it in a cake pan and bake it. Well he did on Monday and it was excellent. He used vanilla pudding for frosting his he could not find any frosting and you know what - it was much better with the pudding for frosting instead of regular frosting. I will have to remember that for the next time I bake a cake.

2 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

Happy Birthday!! I always have to remind my husband for days before my birthday that he is supposed to make a cake. Usually he shows up after work with mix in hand, and then I have to "volunteer" to make the cake so it will be cool enough to frost so we can eat it.

And I'm sorry the house contract fell through. That has got to be disappointing. Hope the new lady makes an offer. Keep up that positive thinking!

Anonymous said...

First of all, Happy Birthday!

Sorry to hear about that house. We feel stuck in our house, because we do not have the money to fix it up properly. We've been in it about five years, and there is so much to be done. We are outgrowing it quickly, too. It doesn't help that the housing market stinks right now.

As far as making money online - why not look into a paid blogging position such as b5Media? Start googling "blogging jobs" and you may stumble upon a few that don't take a lot of profesional writing skills (blogging vs freelancing). That's assuming that you like to write enough to do a lot of it!