September 8, 2009

Advice Please

There are two races that I want to do but I cannot decide which one to do. I only want to do one due to finances. The Mountain Air 10 Mile is this Saturday. The cost is $45. The other one is the Black Canyon Triathlon at the beginning of October and the cost for that is $40.00 I really cannot afford to spend $85 on races this month.

The advantages of the Mountain Air 10 Mile is that it is here and I would not have to travel at all. I am also ready for a 10 mile race. I did 8 miles last weekend and I would love to do this.

The Black Canyon Triathlon is in Montrose, which is about 60 miles or a little over an hour from here. Also with the Black Canyon Triathlon the pre-race meeting in Friday, the day before the race at 6pm or 7:30pm which means I would have to drive down there the day before and come back home and then the next day be there before 7:15am. I could spend the night but I do not want to spend the money. Also, at that time in the morning I would think Joe would rather stay home with the girls instead of loading them up and entertaining them all morning long instead of relaxing at home for the 10 mile race and then meeting me at the finish.

What do you think I should do? I really want to do the triathlon but the 10 mile race would be a lot less stress on me and my family do to the distance.

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

That's a tough one... since I am lazy to the core, I would do the close one, but only so I wouldn't have to get up early in the morning to do the drive! It will be fun to see which one you choose.