September 28, 2009

12 Miles - Not Yet But Soon

I set off on Sunday to do a 12 mile trail run in Crested Butte. The aspen leaves are golden yellow, it is warm outside, clear bright blue sky and my favorite time of year for running the aspen trees.

I started running at 10:30 which is a couple of hours later than I normally do my long runs. I also started with a tough 3 miles of uphill. I was ready to quit by the time I got to the trail. But I managed and I was hoping I would get my energy back on the downhill. By the time I looped back to the car I was at 6.5 miles. I was hungry (normally I eat enough not to worry about getting too hungry during a long run). I stopped at the car and drank some water and had some GU. Well that GU was my downfall. It did not settle well in my stomach at all. I had to force myself to get to 9 miles before I finally gave up. I know that not every long run will be fun but I am disappointed that I could not finish the 12 miles. But there is always next Sunday.

My total time for the 9 miles was 1 hour and 48 minutes with a pace of 12 minutes per mile.

I am still focusing on the Vegas Marathon in early December.

No comments: