August 14, 2008

Lily and Sleeping ** edited**

Lily is not a consistent baby when it comes to her attitude or sleeping. Even as a newborn she would have a bad night or two and then a good night or two. Around three months Lily was going to bed around 8 or 8:30pm and she would sleep until 5am - not consistently but 3 or 4 nights out of 7. Then at four months I moved up Lily’s bedtime to 7pm and now it is at 6:30. Well, ever since then she stopped sleeping through the night and waking multiple times.

I also never know when she is going to wake up, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30 - who knows - and if she woke up at 12:30 there was a good chance we were going to up be at 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30. Ugh I am sick of this.

Now for the last 2 weeks she started waking around 2 or 3am and then up again around 5am. Last night she finally slept through the night!!! It was wonderful and I feel well rested. I know that tonight she will probably wake up at least once and I will be back to 6 hours to sleep a night but maybe, just maybe there is hope.

One thing Lily has stopped needing to sleep in the swing or her car seat. Lily was going to sleep just fine in her crib but if she woke up after 3am, I knew I would be up with her again in 30minutes or an hour if I put her back to sleep in her crib, so I would put her to sleep in the swing or car seat so I could get another 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Now I am able to swaddle her loosely in a blanket and put her back to sleep in her crib - yea!!

I believe I wrote this blog entry Wednesday early morning. (This week I have been horrible at remembering what day it is!) Well I think she slept through the night because she was not feeling well because on Wednesday daycare called me to come get Lily because she had a high fever. She does not have as high of a fever today but she is still not feeling well.

No comments: