January 4, 2008

Post of Nothing Much

I have not blogged in a while because there has been nothing too exciting to tell everyone about.

On December 31st we had one couple over for dinner. I was planning on staying up later than normal, maybe not midnight but at least 11pm. Well they ended up leaving at 9pm!! The girl was saying she was not feeling well (hey we had been dealing with colds all weekend long) but this is also someone who is ALWAYS sick - in fact she called into work sick today. After they left I stayed up until 10pm and Joe did make it to midnight. He is much more of a night owl than I am.

It is a good think I did not stay up late because Mikayla woke us up at 6:30am. She has been fighting a cold and it is causing her to wake up earlier than normal and play in her room. But we hear everything from her room.

We decided to head up to Crested Butte on the 1st. We saw some friends, had lunch, Mikayla got to watch the skiers and climb a mountain. (In the base area of the ski resort they had a huge pile of snow and her and Joe climbed the mountain and then ran down!).

I started the work year off with a bang on the second. First Mikayla woke us up at 5am. Joe dealt with her until 6am when I took over and he went back to bed for an hour. We also woke up to about -30. My truck would not start because we left the Sirus plugged in from our trip to CB. We finally got my truck started at 8am and I went inside to to dry my hair really quick. As I was leaving my driveway my neighbor needed a jump start. So I started the new year off 20 minutes late to work but I helped my neighbor so I think that is a great way to start the new year.

I am now 35 weeks pregnant and only 1 week left until I hit 9 months. Lily's room is almost ready to go. Mom is working on the sheets for her bed but Mom's sewing machine broke. Joe does need to lift up the mattress on the crib but I have not had him do that yet. Honey do for this weekend. I need to order the Sleep Incline and I have already ordered the Snuggle to Sleep blanket. So if this little one were to arrive tomorrow we would be pretty darn set.

Mikayla has been a bear the past few days and it is wearing on Mom and Dad. She has been extra fussy, whiny and just bad the last couple of nights. We want to pull our hair out and get the happy little one back. She did burn herself pretty bad two nights ago on the gas fireplace. She put her hand on the glass to warm them up and instead on getting close she touched the glass. She now has a second degree burn on the back on her hand and it looks awful. She also won't let me put any antibacterial cream on it. I am going to try and do that this weekend because I don't want it to get infected.

Nothing else exciting is going on in the O'Connell house but I am counting down the days until I have this little one. I keep saying anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks left and boy would I love to be closer to the 2 week window than the 5 week window. I already have plans to visit story time at the library and the tumble room at the rec center while I am on maternity leave.

No comments: