April 21, 2010

Trip to Kansas

Last Thursday we loaded up the car and headed to Kansas. We left Gunnison about 2:30 in the afternoon and arrived in Olathe, Kansas at 4:30 in the morning. Mikayla was excellent in the car and Lily was great as well. Lily gave us about 30 minutes of per terror but then she fell asleep. When we arrived in KC I was hoping the girls would go back to sleep but they quickly said no. So Joe got a couple of hours of sleep while I hung out with the girls and my mom. I eventually got a nap with Lily late in the day.

On Saturday I ran my half marathon and you can read about it here:

Saturday evening I had some friends over from highschool. We have re-connected through facebook and we have not seen each other in 12 plus years. It was great to sit and chat with these girls and catch up on what has been going on with their lives.

Lily decided to wear her bike helmet and refused to take it off.

Here are the girls and me. Bottom Row - Kelli, Me, Laura (the short ones) and back row, Stephanie, Kelly and Jenny (the tall ones)!

Mikayla had a blast playing with all of the kids.

On Sunday we went to the mall to get pictures of all of the cousins. This was my sister's idea and her kids were not into it. The 2 year old was not feeling good and the baby needed to eat. But we did get some family pictures.

On Sunday afternoon we headed to a local petting zoo that I use to go to as a kid. It has expanded big time! We had a blast playing on the playing ground and playing with all of the animals.

It was a very hot day - especially for us.

Because it was so nice in Kansas the girls had a blast playing outside. I could hardly keep them inside the house! The were outside riding their bikes every chance they had.

On Monday we headed to a place called Monkey Business that had slides, tunnels, a bouncy house, toys, art and crafts and anything else you could image for the kids to play on and tire themselves out on. Since it was a Monday morning they place was not busy at all and and the kids and adults had fun playing with everything. We headed home late Monday morning and were glad to be home. We had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa.

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

Looks like a great trip!