April 23, 2010

175 Miles in 7 Weeks - Can you do it? **Edited**

**Edited** Since I have posted this I have only had one brave person willing to go for this challenge, Kristen at Green Style Mom. So if you want to do this challenge but are scared leave me a comment or email me and let's see if we can do a reduce number of miles but it still needs to be a challenge.

Tall Mom on the Run started a club at the beginning of the year that I was too scared to join. Run 1000 + miles with Tall Mom Club. You are suppose to run 1000 miles during 2010. I thought there was no way possible that I could do that but in the back of my mind I am trying but getting more and more behind every month. The cold weather this past winter has not helped either. So I am going to host my own contest to help me get back on track.

I want to run 175 miles by June 20th. Here are the details.

1. Contest Starts Monday, May 3, 2001.

2. In order to participate you need to follow this blog and also leave me a comment before May 1st that you want to do this.

3. Everyone who runs 175 miles by June 20, 2010 will be entered into a contest to win a $20 gift card to Amazon.

4. The first person to reach 175 miles will win a $20 gift card to Amazon.

5. You must email me your weekly totals each Monday.

175 miles in seven weeks sounds like a lot but let’s break it down.

* 25 miles per week

* 3.6 miles per day

* 5 – 5 mile runs per week

* 1 – 10 mile run, plus 3 – 3.75 mile runs per week

No matter how you look at it you can do it!

Leave a comment with your email address and let me know if you are interested! Blog about this and let’s get the word around so we can have as many participants as possible!!!

I wish I could giveaway more money to the winners and participants but this is my own money.


2 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

I want to join!! I'll blog about it soon! And I might have some extra "stuff" to donate to the cause - stuff that has been sent to me for giveaways that I never used

Tigerlilly said...

I might be crazy trying to do this in the middle of a huge move.. but... I'm IN!!

:)