August 10, 2009

Running

I have been running this week with no pain in my foot. I did a total of 3 runs, 1 - 4 miles, 1 - 3 miles with a 1 mile walk at the end and 1 - 5 mile. My 5 mile run was the best and I felt great. I have been missing my Sunday get away from the girls for some mommy time while I run at a slower pace than normal where my only goal is the mileage and nothing else. If no pain shows up in the next few days I will cancel the surgery scheduled on my foot. If it comes back I can always reschedule it.

This week I would like to do a total of 4 runs. One run will focus on keeping my pace a little faster than normal (10 minutes to 10 minutes and 15 seconds per mile), one run with 10 minute of sprint intervals, one trail run with lots of hills, and one 6 mile run.

I have really enjoyed running last week and I hope to keep it up.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

so glad to hear your foot feels better!

dapplegray said...

great morton's neuroma support group! would you mind telling what kind of running shoes you are now using? i have the same issues with running! thanks so much.