July 4, 2009

Where Oh Where Have I Been

I am sorry that I have not blogged in sooo long or read your blogs in so long. On Sunday night I got hit with the world's worst cold. I had no idea a cold could put me in bed and make me call in sick to work 3 days in a row. I have never in my whole life called in sick 3 days in a row.

Monday I spent the day in bed, Tuesday I made it to the couch, Wednesday I tried to go into work but came home after 2 hours and Thursday and I was finally able to go to work. Even child birth was easier than this because it was over in 24 hours. Thank heavens for daycare and being a working mom. There is no way I could have taken care of the girls if I was a stay at home mom.

Yesterday, I had the day off for July 4th and I arrange for Joe to have the day off as well for a late birthday present. The plan was to go to Crested Butte, enjoy a wonderful heart pumping hike, have lunch and then pick up the girls from daycare. We did all that but down played the hike since I am still recovering from being sick. We headed up to Crested Butte and origianlly wanted to hike Yule Pass where we went on our first date almost 12 years ago. We had heard some people saying that you cannot get up to Yule Pass yet due to too much snow. So instead we did Daisy Pass.

We drove north from Crested Butte and turned left onto Slate River Road, then we continued on Slate River Road for about 6 miles into the townsite of Pittsburgh. At this point we parked the car and got our feet really wet as we walked through Slate River (more of a large creek at this point). We headed up a beautiful jeep road with wildflowers everywhere. The dogs had a blast. It is was a nice, easy road with only a little incline. We also came across 2 beautiful, huge water falls. Check out this link to read about some guys kyaking the falls. From Daisy Pass Road we could look way up above us and see the Yule Pass trail. There really was a lot of snow still up there. We also saw a huge waterfall come down from the snow. I love being able to go up into the mountains and see where the creeks, streams and rivers start. We hiked about 45 minutes and then turned around and headed back. I wanted to keep going but I was worried that I would get too tired on the way back.

After the hike we headed back to Crested Butte and enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Maxwell's. It was wonderful and relaxing. I feel like it was my birthday present as well as Joe's. I am sorry I don't have any picture to post because the hike was gogorus, but we forgot the camera, like always.

1 comment:

Juice said...

I can totally relate. I had some kind of flu last week that kept me out of the office for 4.5 days! crazy! Hope you are feeling 100% now. :)