August 20, 2011

Backpacking Trip with Mikayla

Last weekend my friend Sherri and I took our daughters backpacking.  Sherri is the pro backpacker so I just put on my pack and follow her lead.  We took the girls to Boulder Lake outside of Ohio City.  It was a hard hike with 2 miles of steep uphill but the girls survived with very little complaining.  Mikayla was strong and had no tears!  The hike was 7 miles round trip and we had beautiful views during the hike.


Here is Mikayla and Lydia.  Lydia is 9 years old and they are best buds.



Our campsite.

On our way home my friend Sherri made a comment that she could easily go backpacking again the next day.  I had to say that my shoulders needed to recover first!  I was sore and tired on Monday and Tuesday but it was worth it.  I love the fact that I can take my 6 year old backpacking and all of the memories she will have of these trips.  Joe was upset that he wasn't allowed to come but Lily said she wants to go next year.

No comments: