August 13, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blah

Well not much exciting has been going on at our house. Joe has been busy painting a condo so that leaves me and Mikayla to ourselves in the evening and all day on Saturday. Joe did spend some extra time with us on Sunday. It seems as if during a normal work week Mikayla is clingy to me when I am home and I have been saying it is because she sees so little of me during the week. Monday through Friday she only spends from 5pm to 8pm with me, then on Saturdays I have been cleaning so she would only see me from noon on, but she would also nap for 3 hours and finally on Sunday she would have me all day. In contrast Joe gets to spend an extra hour with her every morning and he also gets to spend Tuesday and Thursdays afternoons with her and then all day Saturday and Sunday. But I noticed on Saturday night Mikayla was missing her daddy. After he got home from painting and we were relaxing in the living room she wanted to sit with daddy and not mommy.

As I have said many times this pregnancy has been a little harder on me, I have had to start wearing maternity clothes earlier and my back bothering me earlier than with Mikayla. Maybe we are having a boy - who knows. I have determined that cleaning my floors really gets my back going, so I am no longer going to clean other people's houses and Joe said he will have to take care of the floors, but he is so busy right now I don't see that happening. I am getting better at only cleaning the floors once a week instead of multiple times.

Finally on my other blog I have started an 8 week challenge. I am using this challenge to really work on strength training, I want killer arms and legs - hey just in time for winter so I can cover them up!!! Check it out and see if you want to join. Basically you need to commit to 3 days of 30 minutes of cardio, 2 days of 20 minutes of strength training and one extra goal every week. Not too bad - the government says we need at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.

No comments: